Want to get involved in HIV-related efforts? Here are some ideas:
Reach out to a local HIV service organization. Many HIV service organizations have opportunities for people living with HIV and others to share their time and talents. Depending on the organization, volunteer opportunities may include:
- Assisting with onsite or mobile testing events by being a greeter, registrar, health educator, or HIV tester
- Providing administrative support, such as filing, data entry, or answering phones
- Helping out with special events
- Participating in fundraising or advocacy activities
- Providing language skills
- Offering professional services, such as legal assistance or medical care, if licensed Clutch Minkoff Leo Black Rebecca Floral Applique wqIa1f
Engage with others. Social media tools like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat offer many opportunities to connect with others who are interested and involved in HIV issues. You can also share information about HIV via these channels to help others learn more.
Get involved in HIV awareness days. Check out our HIV awareness days page to see how you can support national observances to raise awareness and encourage people to get tested for HIV, seek, or return to care.
Learn. Stay abreast of changes in HIV prevention, care, treatment and research and learn about new tools or resources. Check out our learning opportunities page to find webinars, conferences, Twitter chats, and other events.
Share what you know. You can make a difference by learning more about HIV and sharing that knowledge with others. Talk to others about testing, how to prevent HIV, the effectiveness of treatment, and the importance of getting and staying in medical care. Use our Basics pages to find answers to questions you or others may have. You can easily share those pages on social media or via email using the buttons at the top right side of each page.
Stay up to date. Subscribe to receive HIV.gov Email Updates.